Pages

October 7, 2011

Introduction


This is my first attempt at a blog. I am by no way an expert, but I am choosing to past long information I have collected over the years and to share my thoughts. My goal is to have majority of the people that read this to get at least one thing out of the blog. If there are certain things you would like me to cover, please share and I will do my best to cover it.

I would like to dedicate majority this blog to the running game and more specifically a pro style running game. The pro style running attack utilizes a mix of zone and gap schemes that complement each other very well. The advantage of using these two schemes as your base running game allows an offense to be very multiple. By adding tags/tweaks to the base zone and gap schemes, you can create a new look the defense has to prepare to stop. In addition, an offense can be very multiple with personnel, formations, and motions because these two schemes can be ran out of just about any formation. I am excited to start to dig into the pro style running game.

To get started, I would like to devote the next couple of post to get some background information established. We will first dive into how to communicate and categorize defenses fronts. Second, I would like to look into how a pro style run game should be installed. Lastly, how you can simply your game planning for the run game by the use of the Red - White system. 

Again if at any time you would like to hear about a topic or have any feedback, please feel free to chime in. I am in no means an expert. However, I would like to pass along any information that could help a fellow coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment